The 100 Day Reality Challenge

Okay, I threatened to tell this story and now I am.

A long long time ago when I was still single, I dreamed of the perfect partner for me. I was very picky. I had a list a mile long and I had the belief that one day I would meet him. At the time, when I dated someone new I'd think "Is this the one?" but I usually knew the answer. NO! At one point, I had a few broken hearts in a short period of time and decide to focus on what I wanted not on what I got.

First, I created a collage of my dream man. I found this hot picture of a Marlboro man, who was leaning on the front of his truck, with his head titled down. You couldn't see his face but he had a slight receding hair line and his body was smoking hot.

Then I placed all the qualities I wanted in my dream man like honest, loving, fun, drug free, ect. I had a ton and was very specific. I think the only thing I didn't add was for him to have a great job, be non-smoking, and have an abundant income (but then I never thought about money like that...I believed in love)...I'd loved that collage and had it on my mirror and even took it to work with me to show everyone my dream man.

I also started a dream journal, where I pretended that we were together and what our lives were like. I really got into this journal and focused on him a lot. But soon, life got busy again and I didn't journal as much. I simply used this technique to heal my broken heart. I didn't really know that I was manifesting anything...I was just healing.

I found my life tail spinning for awhile and decided I needed a drastic change so Imoved to another state. I had enough of men and didn't even want to think about any of them. I just wanted to have fun. Within one week of moving, I met my dream man. We had an earth moving connection one night and have been together ever since.

The odd thing was, he looked exactly like the guy in my dream collage...he even had the receding hairline, smoked marlboros, and had a beat up truck. He didn't have money, and had a lot of baggage including a drinking & drug problem...but I felt something deep within me that he was the one.

We were in-separable and within the first year of being together, we got pregnant with our first child, he quit drinking, and started to get more responsible. I'd like to say these early days were easy but they weren't. There were lots of challenges that we faced but in the end, he kicked his addictions (except for one...his marlboros are now a pipe that he can't smoke in the house) and grew up.

In time, he has become my dream man in almost every way. Every quality I had on that list he has..sure I wished I added a few extras like abundance, a great home...but there's still time to add those. Each year we learn to love each other more and in a deeper manner. What's in store for us, I don't know but I am grateful to have him in my life.

It took years to manifest this relationship and years to watch my man turn into the man I knew he was...but it was worth all the work! I hope this gives some of you hope...and don't forget to follow your heart. If I listened to what others thought about my man, I would have dumped him a long time ago. But I listened to what my heart knew even when it got hard. I trusted my instincts. In the end, we triumphed! It's a celebration! But I know that sometimes the other person doesn't grow and we need to let go. All I can say is trust your heart but never devalue yourself or accept an abusive relationship. Sometimes it's the letting go that brings us what we truly seek.

Views: 13495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I should start this for my dream woman... I think I will :-)

Thanks for sharing! I am really happy for you :-))))
I think the best thing about this story is that it took "years". So many people put deadlines on things or people they want to attract instead of letting God do things in His own timing. Great story..down to the marlboro pic..it has inspired me to make a collage...I'll be sure to make it a non-smoking, non drinking picture lol
It's because she let it go, Shayla. You are right though. People ask for what they want and then wanna act like they're God's boss and say that they what this, that, the other by such-and-such a date, and then get all disappointed when God/Universe failed to meet their deadline. I will be honest, i've been guilty of doing it myself. It's okay to have a time you want to receive something in. Think back to Jason's story about the laptop and my story about the bus. We didn't put specific dates and deadlines, just by summer and fall, I will have this or that and let God/the Universe do the rest, and this coming fall, I will be sharing the same story!

This lady here wanted her mate, she did do the visualizations and fantasizing about him and all that but it was the letting go that put the manifestation in place. Just put the request out there, and let go.
I did something similar. The differences were: I didn't journal and I visualized what he looked like extensively. He had to somehow be of Irish decent, have black (dark brown hair), and blue eyes. My friend would try to think up Irish names for him...it was creative, lol.

So it took about 5 years but I actually met him. His name is Shean, he has black hair and blue eyes. We have been together for 5 years today.
Thank you for sharing this. :)
What a beautiful story! Im considering trying out the steps you did to create my man too - are there any more tips you can suggest?
Resham, I think the most important thing is to really allow yourself to dream about what the person you want to attract to your life. Find an image of what he looks like, think about his personality and write all the traits you want him to possess and don't settle for less. Be really picky and think about things that might be a problem and put a positive spin on the negatives. I always say the picker you are the better it works since you are really thinking about what you want and really weeding out the negative before you manifest. The focus should always be on the positive and the more energy you put into it the better...so dream dream dream. Write about it. Talk about it. Journal it. Create a vision board. Day dream about it and feel it happening right now. Imagine how you feel when you see him, how you interact with each other, and what types of conversations you have. And most of all know that your dream person is there and he will arrive when you least expect him. Maybe even tomorrow. He may be a stranger you meet on the street or an old friend you find a renewed friendship with. Don't put your own rules on it and try to force allow the magic to happen on it's own.

My friend used to say she couldn't imagine meeting anyone new so we said maybe you'll find someone you already know is the person you should be with...and guess what it was. She knew him for four years from a distance and had a small crush on him. What she didn't know is he had a crush on her too and they had so much in common that when they got to really know each other the fireworks went off.

I believe the same can happen to you too so Good luck to you and keep us posted on what happens!
I love your story and it is so inspirational!
Best story ever! Thanks for sharing.
I have an almost identical story!
I had to let go of everything - The ex, the home, the business, the lifestyle, the dream...everything. I ended up with a couple of bags of clothes and possessions etc and my dog!
I moved away and that very same day I met the love of my life. He was everything I had on my "list". It was very challenging at the beginning but here we are 14 years and 4 children later, still together, happy and in love.

Sheridan x.
I believe it. I think when you put alot of detail into something you think and visualize about comes true.
I love this story!! thanks so much for sharing ... off to make a vision board :-)

RSS

© 2020   Created by Lilou.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service