The 100 Day Reality Challenge

Hello Everyone!

Im trying to have a more positive outlook on life and just be more positive towards the people that are in and out of my life. But it doesn't take much to get me down, its an everyday strugle im just not the person to shrug it off and smile. I have been sad for a really long time and I try, but im just not up there at 100% where life is fantastic.
Anyways....

Yesterday at least 5 people came into where I work and said "if I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all!" (There problem but I still get negative energy.)

Coworkers "Nothing ever goes right, week after week same bad things..." (Im just trying to get up every morning and function well enough to get out the front door I can't handle other peoples problems.) (There normally ok people to work with, just some are having problems)

To my mom (after explaining for 7 months that I want to move to Michigan, and trying just to put one foot in front of the other) "You cant go now in 4 weeks you need to be here while we leave on vacation." "Who is going to feed the animals!?" (WHAT, im not living the life I want to live and I tell her what it would take for me to live a better life and she is conserned who is going to feed the animals...how am I going to have a dream that I will accomplish if one of the closest people to me wont stand behind it.)
And I cant just get away from these people (due to my current living situation, and small work space.)

How do you deal with the negative people that surround you?

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The people around you are a relfection of yourself.

I struggled with this very thing today! I was in a very positive, calm state of mind, but a little anxious for some reason upon waking.
As I went about my working day I noticed too co-workers grumbling and fallings out between the children i teach.
Somehow people are relfecting some pattern in us that needs changing.
I know I was being tempted to "complain" today and it would have been easy to join in with the negativity, but I didn't - instead I used compassion and reminded myself that "whatever I complain about becomes an affirmation for that thing we say we dont want!"

Easier said than done. So what can we do about it when the environment around us ( including people) seem negative.
I suggest use compassion, take additional care of yourself - practise extreme self care is always a good one, and rise above it - suggesting positive statements wherever u can.
No word of a lie you need to focus on yourself. In the beginning I was surrounded by tons of negetivity. The people in my life from work but also family (and you can't just get rid of those :) ) Whenever someone said something like I only have bad luck, I would literally say if you say it then it will be. Really start to think about what good luck you have and you'll get more good luck. Slowly people started to state negetive comments less towards me. The ones who didn't though I would always say something positive to.

I think with your mom its not so much that she wants you to watch the animals but that she doesn't want you to move away. Help her find someone to feed the animals and reashure her that your not pushing her out of your life. Moms seem to forget that when we move we're not trying to abandon them. I think that you're going to need to sit down with your mom and tell her the truth of how everything is making you feel. About why you need to move and how you'll still keep in touch with your mom. Just let her know how much it means to have her support.

In the end she will be behind you, even if it doesn't seem like it. You need to take one step at a time regardless who is cheering you on. The more you move forward the more you will realize that there are many people with you on the way, wanting you to do well and be happy.

You're going to be fine, you need to focus on the positive and honestly I promise you more positive will come with it.
Being surrounded by negative people I was starting to get really negative and the more positive I became the more it seemed contagious and the more positive they were. The people that I could distance myself from that I thought to be distructive, I did.

Good luck. I think your on the right track.
Melissa
Sounds like you must go after your dreams (moving to Michigan?) no matter what.
You mom does want the best for you, but is afraid of you moving away or of change. And that has nothing to you with your dreams. Your dreams are more important than her need to find someone to watch the animals.

The negative people and the discontent will be gone once you face your dreams and decide to take action to move towards them. Do those things that bring you Joy! That joy is our inner guidance system. : )

You have the power to make tomorrow different. The actions you take today create your tomorrow! Those negative people you work sound unhappy. They may have no idea how to go after what they want, or are fearful. They are not bad people, just sounds like they are not doing what they truly love! You are going to become an incredible person once you are doing what you truly love to do, and that will make your mom proud! You will be a better daughter, friend, wife, mom, etc.

Hope this helps just a little bit. : )

Blessings.
Hey Jessie,

I have to say I totally feel you. I have the same thing at home too - when parents, particularly my dad seems to have a lock on everything I do - if something's good, it's because of him, if it's bad then it's all my fault. He is also very negative and contradictory and never supports what I want to do much. This generally leaves me really insecure and not doing anything. If I had the support, I'd have done so much more now.

People say that other people's behaviour is a reflection of what we're feeling inside. Is it? I mean, really, is it like that ALL the time? Maybe what we think and feel has more of bearing on how we "react" to other people's behaviour. Eg if they are rude and we are feeling "couldn't careless cos have other things to think about", we probably shrug it off. I mean I can't see how what I'm feeling or what I'm thinking has control over what other people's behaviour is ALL the time. Sometimes, I've felt really postive and full of energy and people at work have been depressed, that's brought me down straight away. But it wasn't ME feeling down that did that, it was their energy and lack of positive conversation.

If I'm positive about things at home, sometimes my dad brings me down just like that. But I was feeling positive - so how is that a reflection of what I was feeling?

Anyway, I don't know the answers, just that I'm also trying to work things out.

But then isn't that exactly what the 100-day challenge is about? To put the theory to the test. Today we are feeling like this and we want those around us to change their attitude to help us remain positive and free to live to our potential? Yet we have so many tools to use and try out to change this.

So let's try it together - I'd love to know where we both end up. This is what I'm going to do and you can let me know what you will do - and let's see if things change for us by the end of our seasons or even in a few weeks:
I'm going to visualise other people (my parents particularly) giving me support and being positive about my life; giving me their blessings and encouraging to go with my passions. I'm going to imagine people generally saying positive things around me that motivates me and gives me great ideas make me feel glad and happy. People congratulating me on achieving my desires, me buying drinks for my friends to celebrate financial and career success. People recognising my independence and trusting my judgment. Me developing new and positive friendships and strengthening those friendships and bonds I already have - whether at work, sport or socially. I'm going to try my best to imagine what that feels in the here and now.

After all that's what the Law of Attraction is isn't it? To imagine that we have these things in the present and asking for it and allowing it to come. Well let's try it out. I see no other way than to put everything we've learnt to practice and record the result.

I hope this helps - it would be great to hear what your thoughts are and what techniques you've used before that work!

Stringz
I totally believe what your environment is a reflection of yourself. When I drive home from work every day, I'll sing "I love my job, I love my job, . . ." even though I had a difficult time, and when I'm almost home, I'll sing "I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my dog, . . ." This puts me in a positive mind set and when negativity comes along, I'm able to deal with it without increasing it.

I used to complain about workplace unfairness and could go on for hours about stories on who had done me wrong. Finally a wise coworker told me that I should be 'serendipitous' to all events. I confessed that I didn't know what was 'serendipitous' so she explained that I should not expect anything from anyone; to use what I have; to don't expect others to help; and finally when something nice happens (I get help or recognition), I need to become ecstatically happy (go over the top)!. This way, I will never be disappointed. Without her directly telling me, she was trying to guide me to be GRATEFUL for everything that I have (negative or positive). Being grateful is the key to LOA.

Jessie, I recommend smiling to your negative coworkers but don't encourage them when they continue their negative dialogues. They'll figure out that you are not interested in what they have to say and will go away. With your mom, I totally understand her as I am also a mom and would worry about my kid leaving the nest. However, she needs to know that you are grown-up and have a life. Someone can suggest that there are kennels or dog-sitters who can feed her pets when she's on vacation.

Take care!
Thank you to everyone who has replied to this. I still am not 100% on the positivity but I think im doing better.

Update:
My parents are currently on vacation and I am home taking care of the animals.... BUT I gave my 2weeks notice at work and I am moving on the 24th so very soon I believe great things will be happening.
And though I know it is taught in the LOA that everyones actions are a reflection of you....im not convinced of that! Sometimes yes but other times no...im not manifesting people to be mean to me.

I am still open to anyone else's comments because this is a strugle.
Thank you soo much for posting this and to everyone who has replied since I have been in the same boat with my co-workers ( well some of them at least!!) it has given me some really good advice and given me lots to think about in my attitude to my co-workers and how I approach them!! Thanks!!!
Another suggestion could be to take their negativity and turn it into a positive reflection for yourself. For example, if someone has negativity associated to a certain situation, such as their car breaking down, and having to pay for repairs, you can turn it into a statement of gratitude towards the fact that you have a car that functions just great and is reliable (or if you don't have a car, then the gratitude you feel for not having to worry about those types of issues or costs).
NOT AN EASY SITUATION, I ADMIT. I HAVE LEARNED THAT FAITH IS THE KEY TO MY FREEDOM: FREEDOM OF WILL, OF THOUGHT, OF FEELING. MY MOTHER IS QUITE RASH (UNDERSTATEMENT!) . THROUGH THE YEARS , I`VE FOUND THAT HER HARSHENES AND SEEMINGLY SELFISHNESS DID COME FROM A CERTAIN INSECURITY. AND I`M QUITE SURE IT IS OLDER THAN YOU. ALL I TELL MYSELF IS THAT SOMEONE `UP THERE`IS LOVING ME AT THIS VERY MOMENT AND THAT SOME PEOPLE CARE. I FIND IT LESSENS (AMOINDRIT) THE PAIN... FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY NO NOT ..... NEITHER DO I BUT LORD, I TRY!!! DEAR, TRY TO ISOLATE YOURSELF FOR MOMENTS OF MEDITATION AND TOGETHER, ALL OF US, I AM SURE WE WILL FIND *THE* WAY TO ACHIEVING THE LIFE WE NOW VISUALISE. TAKE CARE, STAYGOLD! ROSIE

RSS

© 2020   Created by Lilou.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service