Having spent my life questioning "story" and what's really real, it's a bit funny to drum something up here that will capture the truth of who I am.
Above all else, I am a lover of the unspeakably beautiful intelligence that orchestrates life and expresses through this body as Dawn Griffin, at least one of the 826 Dawn Griffins. I believe that's how many I saw reported in a Google search.
So, how do you know you have the right one? Well, I am a communicator, particularly through written word, who is interested in how we as humans realize our greatest potential here. Many years ago I created a multi-image show for a conference on spirituality and the environment. . . . two of my favorite subjects. It was entitled, On Wings of a Dream, which is how I began using that as the name I operate under. That came from reading about indigenous dream cultures who believed that as the soul evolved the person sprouted wings. I have always been fascinated by collective dream cultures.
My tagline initially was, "Communicating for a Change" and then over the years I ventured into using subtle energy technologies, specifically quantum biofeedback, as a modality for relieving stress. The rest I leave to the amazing intelligence of the body to self-correct, which it is designed to do.
When I was working in the wellness field, I changed my tagline to, "Healing Ourselves, Healing Our World." Now as I have gravitated back to focusing on my most natural gifts as a communicator, I have reclaimed the original tagline.
Am I the Dawn Griffin you are looking for yet??
In another one of my life expressions within this journey, I received a degree from the University of California, Santa Cruz in Environmental Policy and Planning. For many years I worked as an advocate for the Earth in various capacities. Mostly it was in administrative positions for various non-profits. During that time I went off on a few related adventures. One took me to a very small coral atoll in the South Pacific to explore a proposal I had written for the self-governing, native population to consider creating an eco-village utilizing their traditional knowledge to leapfrog western development and to be at the forefront of the sustainability conversation.
Another little jog off my primary path was a 7-week journey across Siberia. Ringing any bells?? . . . Nyet? . . . harasho (окей, хорошо).
Well, if you are looking for a Dawn Griffin you knew back in the dark ages, I would be the one who went to Ranum High School in Denver, CO. I was married in my early 20s to one of the most wonderful men on the planet and I succeeded in all the expected ways. That's when I had a "normal" life.
So, why would I give that all up and take to the road as a crazy gypsy spirit? I suppose because source had a gigantic tractor beam pulling me "home" in ways I could never rationalize to those not similarly driven and that's where "my story" ends.
September 1, 2014
Intentions & Goals:
1) To continue to do my work as a communicator by writing, creating film and blogging and to generate the financial flow to support those activities. To get my book, We Came Here to Play, out in the world so that may serve to support all people, but particularly the younger generations. My goal is at least a million copies sold!
2) To have the book become a movie.
3) To be able to accept all invitations that resonate as a part of my purpose, without concern for how they can happen, i.e., having the money to do them.
4) To expand upon my wonderful community of heart-centered co-creators in the world.
5) To find the perfect home-base community for me, which will include having my own, beautiful eco-friendly home/writing cottage.
6) To have a partner who honors and supports all aspects of me and vice versa. This is someone to play with fully.
7) To live as the lightest, most joyful expression of myself.
8) To continue to maintain and even improve my physical well being. To have countless opportunities for nurturing myself and supporting others in doing the same.
9) To be the best kind of friend and family/community member in terms of honoring all for who they are and not expecting my sense of self to come from the acknowledgements of others.
Vision Board, Blogging, Reading, Fitness, Creating intentions, Brainstorming, Take 100% responsibility for my life