I'm writing this post because I've made a big decision and I could use a few positive words to keep going and push past my insecurities.
I've decided to follow my dreams and start my own production company. I have somewhat of a background in video and film. I've done a few video projects that were very successful but I never pursued it because I felt like I needed to devote my time to something more practical. I got my degree in Health Education instead of Media or Journalism and I've always secretly regretted it. Now, I've decided that I need to follow my dream or I will burst!!!! I feel like life is just passing me by and I haven't done the things that I feel like I am meant to do. So I'm gonna go for it. But it's hard to really get started.
Here is my vision:
- I will start my own productions company
- My company will produce a cartoon, a stage play, and a made for Youtube soap opera.
- My productions will be a catalyst for enlightenment and social change
- My productions will be a wonderful, profitable, and fulfilling source of self expression for me
Here is what I have done already to achieve this dream:
- I've obtained to software needed to create the cartoon (it was actually donated to me by a person who already has a successful cartoon series on Youtube :) )
- I've started a blog that will later be used to promote my company and showcase my work-- ToyaKToday.Blogspot.com
- Per advice from Lilou Mace, I went to a popular public access network here in Chicago called CanTV. When I told them my ideas, they waived all the fees and all prerequisites to airing my productions. When I'm ready, they have cleared my productions to run immediately, and for FREE!!
- I've gotten the help of a friend who is an actor and who has many friends who are also actors. They have agreed to do the voices for my cartoon. FOR FREE!!!
- I've been watching tutorials on Youtube learning the animation process and refining my skills
- I've come up with a storyline that I like and that speaks to the social issues I plan to address in my cartoon
Here are the things that I fear and need help working through:
- Not being able to make money from my productions. I have children who need me to make money to provide for them.
- That I won't be able to master the animation process
- That my productions won't be good enough
- That I will fail and just waste my time and other peoples time
- That it will be successful short term but it won't be something that I can build upon and that will last
I've been with this site for years now and the reason I keep coming back is because i've found it to be a great place for support and positivity.
I'm asking that anyone who is willing to send me some positivity concerning this matter please do so. I really need a heavy dose of encouragement and positive energy. I don't want my dream to be deferred any longer but i recognize that I need some help to get this off the ground.
Thank you all in advance for your loving kindness.