I am calling this season 2 as it is the second time I am having a go at the 100 day challenge. I did not work the first season as effectively as I had planned, but in some ways, the season worked me. That means that even though I did not put nearly the focus into my goals, they proceeded along anyway.
So, for this season, I have modified my goals and am moving ahead on them. I intend to greatly increase my focus and I anticipate that I will see much greater leaps ahead.
While all the stated goals are important to me, the highest priority for
me right now is improving my environment. I have been living in chaos for far too long -- the product of a great deal of grief in a short amount of time. I am learning though that all is as it should be and I merely need to trust that in a bigger picture, a re-frame, I would see that what I perceive at times as negative is really that space to appreciate the highlights -- that area that adds dimension to life and keeps it from being flat.
In my time of grief, I allowed paper and clutter to pile up. My home fell into disrepair. I have drawn to me some fine people who have been pushing me in different areas and forcing me to clean, clear and renew. I have made progress already, but want to make a checklist of the things that I want yet to accomplish:
- Paint the bathroom and dressing area and apply a faux finish.
- Put new tile on the floors in the bathroom
- Paint the baseboards and doors
- Find new panels for the lights in the dressing area
- Put in a new washer and dryer
- Fix the wall tile and caulk the tub
- Put up new shower curtains
- Hang pretty art on the walls in the bathroom
- Paint and tile the powder room
- Get the new vanity and lights installed in the powder room
- Re-floor the stairs
- Tile the downstairs
- Paint the baseboards downstairs and on the stairs
- Paint the bedroom
- Put new flooring upstairs
- Go through closets, cabinets, drawers and make sure everything is something I want to keep. (This may be a bit much to actually accomplish within the next 98.5 days.)
My next in priority is to develop those good habits.
- I am starting with doing 'morning pages' a la Julie Cameron. I have done them yesterday and today. I would like to be able at the end of the challenge to say I did them every one of the 100 days.
- I want to eat good meals -- and start each day with a carrot and chia and citrus. I did that yesterday, but have not yet had breakfast for today and it is nearly lunch time.
So... I am going to leave this at this point and break my fast.
I hope my writing is a blessing to all who read.